From biotaJump to navigationJump to search
Family Equisetaceae Rich. ex DC. – the horsetail family
Genus Equisetum L. – Horsetail, snake grass, puzzlegrass
- Equisetum arvense L. – Field Horsetail, Common Horsetail or "giant horsetail". Perennial. In forests, at forest edges and in bogs; often.
- Equisetum fluviatile L. – Water Horsetail. Perennial. In bogs and at the lake shoreline; often.
- Equisetum palustre L. – Marsh Horsetail. Perennial. In wet forests and in bogs; often.
- Equisetum pratense Ehrh. – Meadow Horsetail, Shade Horsetail, Shady Horsetail. Perennial. Wet forests; often, sometimes forms a continuous cover.
- Equisetum sylvaticum L. – Wood Horsetail. Perennial. Marshy forests, bogs; common, sometimes forms a continuous cover.