Order Anseriformes (Wagler 1830)
Family Anatidae Leach 1820, anatids
Genus Anas Linnaeus 1758
- Anas acuta Linnaeus 1758 – Northern Pintail - common, nests.
- Anas clypeata Linnaeus 1758 – Northern Shoveler - nests.
- Anas crecca Linnaeus 1758 - Eurasian Teal, Common Teal - common, nests.
- Anas penelope Linnaeus 1758 – Eurasian Wigeon, Wigeon - common, nests.
- Anas platyrhynchos Linnaeus 1758 – Mallard, wild duck - common, nests.
- Branta leucopsis (Bechstein, 1803)– Barnacle Goose - rare, migrating. (A pair was encounted 9 June 2013 at the shore near WSBS (D.A.Voronov, E.D.Krasnova, personal rep.).
Genus Anser Brisson 1760
- Anser anser (Linnaeus 1758) – Greylag Goose (Freude, 1986).
- Anser albifrons (Scopoli, 1769) - Greater White-fronted Goose - rare, migrating. Small number feeds during autumn migration on the lakes N. and V. Ershovskoe. One bird was encounted together with a pair of Barnacle Geese at the shore near WSBS 9 June 2013 (D.A.Voronov, E.D.Krasnova, personal rep.).
- Anser fabalis (Latham, 1787) - taiga bean goose - flocks and separate individuals were encountered by the autumn migration, sometimes stop on the bay Ermolinskaya (P. Kvartalnov, personal communication).
Genus Aythya Boie 1822
- Aythya fuligula (Linnaeus 1758) - Tufted Duck – rare, stays through winter (Blagosklonov, 1960); common, nests (V.I.Voronetsky, G.S.Eremkin).
- Aythya marila (Linnaeus 1761) - Greater Scaup - common, nests.
Genus Bucephala Baird 1858
- Bucephala clangula (Linnaeus 1758) - Common Goldeneye – common, nests, stays through winter.
Genus Clangula Leach 1819
- Clangula hyemalis (Linnaeus 1758) – Long-tailed Duck, Oldsquaw - common, at flyby, stays through winter.
Genus Cygnus Bechstein 1803
- Cygnus bewickii Yarrell 1830 - Tundra Swan, Bewick's Swan, Whistling Swan – rare, at flyby (Bianky, 1975).
- Cygnus cygnus (Linnaeus 1758) - Whooper Swan – at flyby – Blagosklonov, 1960; in July 1997, a pair of birds was observed in the Ermolinskaya Inlet (personal message by P.V.Kvartalnov).
Genus Melanitta Boie 1822
- Melanitta fusca (Linnaeus 1758) - Velvet Scoter - common, stays through winter, nests (Blagosklonov, 1960, personal message by G.S.Eremkin).
- Melanitta nigra (Linnaeus 1758) – Common Scoter - at flyby.
Genus Mergus Linnaeus 1758
- Mergus albellus Linnaeus 1758 – Smew - rare, nests – Благосклонов, 1960; Воронецкий, 1988.
- Mergus merganser Linnaeus 1758 – Goosander, Common Merganser - common, nests.
- Mergus serrator Linnaeus 1758 - Red-breasted Merganser - common, nests; rarely stays through winter in the ice clearing (report by Галоян Э. and Краснова Е.Д.).
Genus Polysticta Eyton 1836
- Polysticta stelleri (Pallas 1769) - Steller's Eider - rare, stays through winter.
Genus Somateria Leach 1819
- Somateria mollissima (Linnaeus 1758) - Common Eider - common, nests, stays through winter.
- Somateria spectabilis (Linnaeus 1758) - King Eider - rare, stays through winter. In the printed Catalogue this species was listed as nesting, howewer this seems unlikely.
Genus Tadorna von Oken 1817
- Tadorna ferruginea (Pallas 1764) – Ruddy Shelduck – sporadic, at flyby (Коханов, 1999).