Order Insectivora Bowdich 1821
From biotaJump to navigationJump to search
Family Soricidae Fisher 1817, shrews
Genus Neomys Kaup 1829, water shrews
- Neomys fodiens Pennant 1771, Eurasian Water Shrew – rare.
Genus Sorex Linnaeus 1758, long-tailed shrews
- Sorex araneus Linnaeus 1758, Common/Eurasian Shrew – low numbers. In the WSBS vicinity, a new chromosome race "Пояконда" (Poyakonda race, Пояконда (Py). XX/XY1Y2 af, bc,g, hn, ip, jl, kq, mo, r, tu) is registered, with a diploid number of chromosomes 22 in females and 23 in males (because of the sex trivalent XY1Y2 ) (Pavlova S.V., 2010)
- Sorex caetuiens Laxmann 1788, Laxmann's Shrew – common.
- Sorex isodon Turov 1924, Taiga Shrew – rare.
- Sorex minutissimus Zimmermann 1720, Eurasian Least Shrew – rare.
- Sorex minutus Linnaeus 1766, Eurasian Pygmy Shrew – rare.